Support St Helena Hospice
St Helena Hospice relies on local community fundraising to ensure that our patients and their families are cared for. Without people like you, we wouldn’t be able to provide hospice care and support to patients living with incurable illnesses be it in their own homes with our Hospice at Home service, in our Inpatient Unit and in our two Therapies and Wellbeing centres.
All of the services that St Helena Hospice provides are free for people to access. The yearly cost of these hospice services is around £8.7million. Around two thirds of this cost is raised through local community fundraising equating to around £5.8million a year.
Take a look at our short animation called 'My mummy' which explains a little more about what the hospice does through the eyes of a little boy called Adam.
We need your help with fundraising to make our hospice care and support possible. This could be from shopping in our retail outlets, attending fundraising events, playing Your Hospice Lottery, leaving a gift in your will or setting up a corporate partnership.
Every penny donated can really help the hospice make a difference. The help our community and corporate supporters provide us with is invaluable. We cannot ever be complacent and need to ensure a continuous stream of income from our fundraising activities.
There are lots of ways to fundraise for us and really help the hospice, so have a look around and get inspired.
If you want any more information or just want to have a chat with us about how you can help, please call the St Helena Hospice Fundraising Office on 01206 931 468.
Cash or cheques can be given directly to the Fundraising Office. Please include a covering note if you are posting a cheque so that we are able to thank you and register your donation correctly.
St Helena Hospice, Fundraising Office, Units 1 and 4 The Atrium, Phoenix Square, Wyncolls Road, Colchester. CO4 9AS.
At St Helena Hospice we treat our supporters with respect. As part of our commitment to ensuring that we are completely open and transparent about our fundraising and spending, we have developed a Fundraising Promise.
- We will provide updates about our work so you can see how you are making life better for those with a life-limiting illness in North Essex (and their families and carers).
- We will use your donation carefully and responsibly and ensure that administration costs are kept to a minimum.
- We will communicate with you in a way that suits you. If you tell us you'd prefer less contact or don’t want us to hear from us at all, we'll respect your wishes.
- We will never sell your details to any third parties.
- We will ensure we adhere to all industry guidelines and regulations and take appropriate action if we find any failure to meet these standards.