Cuppa and Cake
If you're thinking of a fun, sociable way to support the hospice (without having to run or cycle anywhere!) we have a great idea for you!
Why not get some friends round for a cuppa and a cake? You could even take it in turns to host a cuppa and cake event once a month!
Simply invite your friends and ask for a donation per slice of cake and cup of tea. Let us know you're holding your event and we'll supply you with a money pot to fill on the day.
Every bit of money counts and goes towards helping us continue to support local people living with an incurable illness and their families. We cannot do what we do without your support.
For any questions or advice on how to make the most out of your own cuppa and cake event please contact Charlotte in the fundraising team on firstname.lastname@example.org or Toni on email@example.com or simply call 01206 931468.
Tips for setting up your own event:
- Tell all your friends and family you're holding the event at least a month in advance!
- Set about planning which cakes to make - you can choose from some of our recipes below. (If you have a good recipe you'd like to share then please send it to Charlotte on firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll list it here!)
- Set a suggested donation amount per slice of cake i.e. £1 per slice, and 50p per cup of tea.
- Set up a justgiving page so people can donate online to the hospice as well as on the day. You can set a total fundraising target which you'd like to make altogether and it will help you track your progress.
- If you are fundraising in memory of a loved one you might want to set up a Timeless Tribute fund online and raise money for the hospice in their name.
- Contact us to let us know you're holding the event and we can support you with tips for fundraising and planning on the day, and you can pick up a fundraising pot.
- Take pictures and send them to us so we can share your success on social media!
Invitations and posters:
We have designed some Cuppa and cake posters and invitations which you can edit yourself and use to promote your event! Click on the link below and once the document has opened press download and open. You will then be able to edit them yourself!
Editable A4 Cuppa and cake poster blank
Editable A4 Cuppa and cake HERE poster
Editable Cuppa and cake invite or poster
Ways to raise more money:
- Organise a raffle on the day
- Set up a 'Bake Off' style competition with each entrant paying to enter
- Play 'Guess the weight' of the cake charging per guess
- Arrange a cake auction on the day
We have some lovely cake recipes for you to print off and use at home for your cuppa and cake event. If you have any recipes you'd like to share, we'd love to hear from you. Please email email@example.com and we'll add them to the list below.
Dandy Lion's Simple Victoria Sponge
Chocolate Indulgence Cake