My Care Choices Register
Helping you to make choices about the care you receive.
The My Care Choices Register is a secure database that holds details of people’s end of life care preferences. The register can only be accessed by the healthcare staff who are responsible for a person’s care.
The My Care Choices Register is for:
- Those who have a condition making it likely they are in the last year of life, or
- Those who have a severe chronic disease for whom a deterioration may be life-threatening, or
- Those that are in frail overall health and at risk of sudden deterioration, or
- Those for whom recording future healthcare choices is particularly relevant, for example people recently diagnosed with dementia.
The My Care Choices Register is a record of a patient’s decisions about:
- The end of their life care that they would like to receive, including any cultural or religious wishes.
- The choice of where they would like to receive end of life care, whether it be at their home, in the Inpatient Unit of St Helena Hospice or in a hospital.
The care choices plan also holds key information about patient diagnosis, their condition and the medical treatment they are receiving.
Healthcare staff can access the My Care Choices Register at any hour of the day or night, so patients can be confident that everyone looking after them knows exactly what care is needed.
The care plan is held securely online and is centrally managed at our Highwoods, Colchester site by the SinglePoint service.